Saturday, August 13, 2011

Naaaa segonya madadgeetzeeabaaaa!

For years we Jones siblings have been borderline obsessed with the music from Lion King Broadway. I saw it when I was in high school and brought the music home where we've listened to it non-stop ever since. I had tickets last year when Lion King came to Salt Lake but Kathy was on her mission and John was out of town so I couldn't take them. When we found out it was playing in Vegas, it became our top priority to go. Mere days after Kathy got back from her study abroad in Russia, we along with our beloved mother ventured to the land southward. 
 It was a quick trip. Drove down in time to see the show Thursday night, hung out at the pool Friday, then came back early Saturday morning. So it was important that we make the most of it.
 Strolling along the strip. 
 Working it, yeah?

 I love what is happening here. 
 Mom and J waiting for the show to start.

There is something about the Lion King that really gets to me. The music, the story, the costumes, the visual effect... it is just beautiful. I'm glad I got to go with Kath and Johnny who hadn't seen it. They were pretty blown away. 

We stayed at the Tropicana. Our good friend and Sister in the gospel Gladys Knight was performing there and we couldn't help but laugh at her poster. Can you see her massive and bedazzled diamond CTR ring? Way to choose the right, Sister Knight. 


Some people go to Vegas to smoke pot. We went to sit in pots. 




And we also found a Ninja Turtle Truck ride for a quarter... which naturally means we all needed to ride in said Ninja Turtle Truck.



And basically we had a great time. 

1 comment:

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

Maaaaaaasagoooynyamadageezieyaba! Heebombaydagamagababeetzaneenetembwa!

Jealous.