Several of my closest friends pitched in to get me tickets to go to Coldplay in Seattle on the 25th. I'm not kidding when I say it was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen or heard. I'm a big Coldplay fan but not much of a concert goer (I've been to maybe 3... ever) but I think it is safe to say that these guys put on a show that cannot possibly be beat.
First of all, they give you these wristbands that light up and are synchronized with all of their music so you somehow feel like you're helping. You really do. Somehow waving your lit up writs makes you feel so much more a part of things. It is really strange what a difference it makes. Watch the video below to see what I mean.
Second, they are just dang good musicians. Throughout the show they're all switching instruments willy nilly. They sound fantastic live, they play the crowd super well, they make you feel like they really care about you individually. That is an incredible feat in and of itself. Standing in a stadium full of thousands, you really feel like you matter.
Third, they are so dynamic. We were sitting by this older couple who knew every word to every song. In front of us were screaming teenagers. Behind us were some hipster/punk rockers with crazy tattoos and lots of beer. Then there were the three little Mormon girls grinning and clapping with the rest. There were all ages and all types of people, all loving their lives at this concert.
Fourth, I really just love their music. I didn't always. In fact, I thought they were annoying for a while. Turns out I don't love a lot of their older popular stuff but the lesser-known songs and their new stuff is thrilling. Examples:
And my most recent favorite and possibly the greatest love song I've heard:
So if you're a Coldplay fan and you'd like to know what it's like to watch them perform, go to 2:26 in this video and turn it up. Then times that by one hundred and you're part way there.
Is it weird that I was on the verge of tears for most of the concert? Probably not...
1 comment:
So jealous! I love concerts that are so cool!
I wish coldplay came to UT.
Watch these- these are my favorite two moments from my favorite two concerts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHKCFbOmIxs&feature=related
-this guy is the hottest and most talented-est man alive besides Tyler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e0u11rgd9Q
-the title of this is appropriate, the lead singer is the most charismatic performer ever and plus he used to be an 8th grade science teacher. ummm Awesome?
Yay concerts!!
Post a Comment