Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Super Jones (a.k.a. Merm)

So, my mom Heidi is a pretty big deal. She won a pretty big award for being a pretty amazing teacher. 
On Thursday, pretty much my whole family went to her pretty great classroom to surprise her by telling her she won the pretty big teaching award. (We had to pretty much convince Kathy that the pretty flowers weren't for her. I thought she'd be pretty upset. They smelled pretty good. But she took the news pretty well.)

 The news crew brought some pretty big cameras and microphones. And they showed up with some pretty important people.  
Like this guy. He's pretty much the superintendent. 
Parents and teachers pretty much filled the rooms to watch because they were pretty excited. The kids were pretty excited too. Like the kid on the right... he's pretty much starting the wave. 

We were pretty proud. Probably more proud than pretty. 
I think my dad was pretty much the proudest. And my Grandpa Gary pretty much cried on the phone when my mom called him. And we got to be on camera so we're pretty much famous by now. We're pretty much the most famous people that you probably know because our mom is pretty awesome. 

It was a pretty great day. I'll give you more details pretty soon. 
(Last Sunday I read the book "The Teeny Tiny Woman" about 9 times in a row to my little cousins Nate and Mary- everything in the book is "teeny tiny"... her house, her chair, her dog, her voice... I think I'm having some kind of weird reaction...)

4 comments:

Annie said...

Besides having a cool mom who wins major awards, you are lucky because you pretty much have the cutest hair ever.

Molly said...

kath looks pretty pretty in those pretty pictures in her pretty hat with her pretty face. PRETTY!(isn't pretty a weird word. Pretty!)

Jim Sheets said...

And who is your prettiest aunt????

Lizzie Jones said...

Ummm, Jim??