I think Brazil is going to win the game this morning but I can't help but hope that the Netherlands become a sort of Cinderella winner in this, mostly because my Dad served in Holland and sometimes sings the Wizard of Oz song in Dutch. I just think that people that speak a language that awesome sounding should get to win a soccer tournament. Plus Brazil has won 5 times already so I don't want them to get that 6th star... but when the Brazilian-teachers (not natives, RMs) that work for me found out I feel this way, they covered my desk with Brazilian flags.
I also don't know if I want Argentina to beat Germany on Saturday morning or vice versa. I like them both. I also don't know if I want Paraguay or Spain to win... I'm mad at them both. (Paraguary beat Italy and Spain is an Italian rival.)
The World Cup causes such turmoil in my heart. Such difficult decisions I face.
It's so hard to be me...
No comments:
Post a Comment