Thursday, March 1, 2012

Men... Disney Men.

I realized something as I strolled around Disneyland. I noticed a trend that I found somewhat peculiar... namely people have the ability to become something while in Disneyland that otherwise would be entirely socially unacceptable. I noticed this particularly in the men... 

Older couple, no children. They moseyed around Disneyland all day looking at the ducks. I saw them three different times and they were still looking at the ducks. And this man... in a bomber jacket... a Mickey Bomber Jacket... and Mickey hat... looking at ducks... this was okay in Disneyland. 
Large intimidating man with rippley muscles... and marti gras beads around his neck... given to him by Donald moments before... also okay in Disneyland. 

Man... fighting a stroller amidst a sea of mocking strollers... in a dumbo hat. 

Tough looking man... in a Mickey and Minnie shirt... that matches his wife's and daughter's. 

Two men... abandoned by their wives who went to get ice cream... both in Mickey Mouse ears... making a silent manly vow that they would never speak of this moment to anyone in the outside man-world because this moment would never be replicated outside in the man-world... especially not the mouse ears.
Older man... happy, good-tempered... in a floppy hat and lanyard and uniform... sweeping up trash while whistling "It's a Small World."

Pack-Horse Man... before I could get my phone out to snap a picture, he was also carrying the diaper bag and holding his wife's purse but she took both and put them in the stroller. 

Man... Jazzy Man... with his Jazzy Wife... Jazzily rolling along main street with his Jazzy beard and Pluto backpack strapped to the back of his Jazzy wheelchair. 

Man... Romantic Man... doing whatever his girlfriend tells him... including wearing a Goofy hat... no, literally a GOOFY hat... so that she'll kiss him. 

Man... happy man... happy man on his way out of the Happiest Place on earth. One screaming child in the stroller, one tantrum throwing child next to the stroller, one ridiculous hat on his head... one massive headache. 

And this man... my favorite man. Walked around in front of the castle whistling to the birds with his hands behind his back. I watched him for almost an hour, just whistling to the birds whilst he strolled with his plaid hat on.
Disneyland turns men into MEN. Walt would be so proud. Delightful discovery. 

Honorable mention goes to ME for getting all these pictures on a phone almost entirely out of battery without getting hit by one of those men. Go me. 

2 comments:

EY Thrift Store said...

This was one of my favorite posts ever. Great documenting.

Kaylene said...

this was delightful