Thursday, November 15, 2012

Molly, please watch these.

Once upon a time I was 18 and new to the college experience. I lived with my cousin Molly and we were verrrrrrrrry silly. Observe:


I love seeing Tiare walk around in ger flannel nightgown with her face-washing glove. Hearing Molly sing "The Spear net of God" brings joy to my soul. I'd say about 80% of what Molly and I said to each other was either in song or in a really high pitched annoying voice we both mastered that everyone hated. 


I got a Ken doll every Easter for a few years. So did Molly. No one knows why. Maybe our moms were trying to send us subliminal messages... stop spending time with each other and get boyfriends. 


Molly and I were talking the other day about our days in this apartment. We both sort of laughed and in sad voices said, "Wow... we sure struggled back then." I'd like to think we're a little better off. But we had some great times. 

My first two years of college consisted of a lot of playing. It was sort of a dream come true... you have a perma-sleepover with your best friends, you live in a tiny apartment together, you play all the time, you can buy whatever groceries you want at the store, and you hang out with people your age all the time. Then you realize you have to get serious and go on missions and get jobs and graduate and get married and grow up.

College was a blast.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Remember how I never left the house because my face was too ugly for campus? Yeah. Me too. That was a sad moment in time!

Heidi Jones said...

Oh my heavens....hilarious!

So nice to know we helped provide your dream come true of being an eternal, obnoxious teenager.

tarynm said...

I watched this with Roy and he had this really confused look and said, "why is Lizzie being silly with that gur-el?" I asked, "is she funny?" Roy shook his head all serious like and said, "no, not funny just silly." Ahh, college life, a time to be silly, but not funny (well, maybe only to you and your roommates).