Last night I woke up at about 2 in the morning really needing a drink of water. I was extremely disoriented and groggy (more so than usual because the night before I had only gotten a few hours of sleep) and mostly due to my recent move, I couldn’t remember where the door to my bedroom was. It was pitch black and I couldn’t see anything so I began crawling around the room with my hands flailing in front of me. I somehow ended up in my closet surrounded by clothes and I hit my knee hard on my dresser. Realizing that I likely wasn’t going to find the door in the closet, I tried to feel my way back to my desk to retrieve my cell phone, which I planned to use as a flashlight. My hands clasped around something small and metal… alas… it was an altoids case. My hands found my computer mouse and IPod and a host of other things, but no cell phone. At this point, I tripped over my speakers and hit the ground hard. I was getting frustrated and dramatic thoughts began creeping in my mind. You’re never going to find the door, Lizzie. You’ll be stuck in here without any water and you’ll get dehydrated and have to go to the hospital and you’ll miss work tomorrow… I shook my head firmly, determined to find the door so I began feeling my way along the wall. I got to Molly’s side of the room (where she slept soundly, despite my tripping all over things and moaning) and found her cell phone. I opened it up and saw the door only feet away (which was logical considering our room is only about 6 square feet anyway) and triumphantly pulled the door open and started for the kitchen. Then I fell down the stairs.
When I woke up in the morning, my knee was bruised, my toe was bleeding, and I saw a big cup full of water right by my bed. Waa waaaaa. It would have been really funny if Molly was sitting in her bed with night vision goggles watching the whole thing though.
No comments:
Post a Comment