Tuesday, February 17, 2009

(my) Sister Kathy Jones

It came. She opened it. (Look closely at the envelope to see what my dad wrote on the front. It was his final guess as to where she was going. Cove Fort- Visitors Center- Sr. Couple's cook. He was a little off. ) 
Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk mission, Russian speaking.

If you can pronounce that correctly, I'll give you one hundred dollars. I wish you could have heard how SHE pronounced it when she read it. It's too bad we Jones girls have such calm reactions to things. 
Never been the type to get really excited about anything. And she wasn't that surprised. I think she totally saw that one coming. Nope, not shocked at all. 
This one is my favorite. 

So she leaves June 3rd and will be at the Provo MTC for 3 months, which is great news for me because I can go and hang out with her while I'm working there full time. 

But seriously... the Ukraine?!?

3 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Lovely! That's where my hubby went (except to the Donetsk mission). He taught Russian at the MTC forever. If she needs any pointers, give us a call! Yay!

Ty and Meg said...

Wow. That is somewhat daunting...in an exciting missionie sort of way. haha How fun for her. When does she leave? Did you hear that Trent is going to Paraguay? Our silly siblings getting all grown up. When did that happen?...and who said it was okay?

Melissa said...

I just remembered- there's a kid in my home ward in that mission right now. I think he's got about 6 months left, so they won't overlap a ton, but there you go. Useless information.

Congrats to Kathy!