Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas can't even handle me right now.

It's Christmastime. My favorite time. I thoroughly enjoy all things Christmas. This year we went all out. Observe:
Obligatory family Christmas card done in true Jones Fashion
(Mom, baby Roy, Dad, Kathy, Johnny, Lizzie, Danny, Taryn)
Really excited to see this little nugget go crazy on Christmas day. His best Christmas present (an all of ours) is another little sibling in July. Praise be. Now we won't fight so much over his attention.
Ugly Sweater party 1of 3. Found these beauties at Savers. Kirsti helped me model.  
Oh don't worry. Mine lights up. 
I guess the warmth of my heart and soul just glows extra bright during the Christmas Season, that's all. 

Oh, and I won the Ugly Sweater Contest. Two free movie tickets!
My dad loves going to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert every year. We always seem to have a hard time getting tickets so this year I promised to go and wait with him in the standby line to try to get in. I left work at 3:30 on Friday to go try to get a good spot in line but with traffic (which has been extra bad this year, no?) and trying to get on Trax to avoid parking, I didn't get there until 5. There were people who had been in line since noon. The Ushers were saying that the night before they had turned people away that had tickets because the conference center filled up so quickly. He said our chances were slim to none since no one in the standby line got in the night before. We were about to call it quits when a random man walked up to my dad (in the middle of a huge line of people, mind you) and offered him two extra tickets. We were at the front of the Terrace- awesome seats. Gene and Sharon, the couple that gave us the tickets, were from Colorado and had driven all the way here for the concert. They weren't members so we told them all about the Conference Center, explained who President Monson was when he walked in, and made some good friends.
Ugly sweater part 2/3. For this one I opted for the Christmas Teddy Bear vest and candy cane silk pants complete with that denim number underneath. Truly became a crowd favorite. 
You betcha we did. Matching Christmas Roomie Pajamas. Doesn't get much better than this. 
Oh wait, it just did. 
I was in charge of putting together the service project for the month of December in my ward so we decided to do a service auction. Members of the ward auctioned off services (oil changes, guitar lessons, dinners, Jazz tickets) and then all the proceeds went to sub-for-santa. We raised close to $2,000 and I was able to arrange sponsorship for 5 large families in Utah County. We divided the money and went and shopped for 26 kids. I got to do 5 kids from the same family and I don't think I've ever had so much fun shopping, a past time I usually despise. I'm so excited for them to open their gifts tomorrow even though I won't be there to see their little faces.
I gained a fan club over the holidays. More on that later. Lets just say it was quite the random yet self-esteem building experience. 
My family discovered Just Dance on the Wii at my Uncle Jim's house.  Then my mom and sister and I all went out and separately bought it as a family Christmas present, unbeknownst to each other. (Unbeknownst... great word) But returns were made and all is right in the world. 

Ugly Christmas Shirt 3 or 3. I also went blonde. Mary helped. 

We decorated like crazy at my house. My family came down to see it all. (Note: The sign on the mantle used to read "Believe" until my brother Johnny got a hold of it.) 
My family also did a special Christmas for Lawanna. They all came down to my house Provo last night and we had a family night in her honor. We had dinner and played games. She's a really special person to me and all of my family so we wanted to give her something special. My dad wrote her the sweetest letter, my mom's 2nd graders drew her pictures, and we got her some presents. My sister-in-law's parents made Lawanna Christmas Ornaments that were beautiful. It was awesome to have her be a part of the family. She is such a giving person and so it was nice for her to be on the receiving end.

Last Saturday we also went up to see the Nutcracker with Lawanna. I hadn't seen it since I was a little girl. I forgot how much I love the music, especially this number which always makes me cry.

We watched this, which I loved.




And there is still more to come! It isn't even Christmas yet!

1 comment:

Tawna said...

Lizzie! I just found your blog, somehow. I love reading about what you've been doin'--in true Lizzie colloquisms (how EVER do you spell that word.) Love it!

Also love what your brother did with the "Believe" blocks. I didn't have brothers living with me at home growing up, but all of my good guy friends in high school would change our "Santa" blocks to "Satan." Somehow they mysteriously still end up like that at my house around Christmas...;)
love ya'!