Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween, Part 1

Confession: I don't like Halloween.

Other confession: I don't like Halloween costumes. 

It bothers me that nearly everything about Halloween is either evil or sexy. If you look for a costume for a girl scout, for example, you get an evil girl scout or a sexy girl scout. I just am not a fan. 

BUT, a bunch of Mormons getting together to celebrate Halloween can be entertaining at least so I succumbed. I live with girls that like to go all out so I jumped on the bandwagon and went along with them. Observe: 

Mikell was the Tapatio man. 
In real life, He looks like this. Uncanny, no?

Kaylene and her boyfriend Josh were a girl scout plus her box of cookies. Hilarious. 

And I...

I was...

A bird lady.

Complete with Dr. Scholls and scrunched up knee-highs...

A lacy hat with pearls and perching birds...

And messy pink lipstick and frizzy grayish hair and glasses and all of my pet birds which were all named and adored. Oh, and a handbag filled with birdseed which I handed out to everyone I saw at the Halloween dance we went to, naturally.

Confession: This Halloween was fun. And it isn't over. We have different costumes for the party we're going to on Monday night. Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

Em said...

haha you look sooo funny. in a good way!