Here's the latest.
Angie and Jeff's wedding:
Love them both. I've been an enormous Jeff fan ever since Ang introduced us all those months ago. Their wedding was up in Idaho and was a downright blast... except that it poured the entire time other than 15 minutes when the sun came out to create a double rainbow. What does it mean? It means Heavenly Father is happy Angie and Jeff got married.
![]() |
| It's raining. You can't tell but boy is it ever raining. |
![]() |
| Proof of the double rainbow. |
![]() |
| Lovely Angie. |
![]() |
| One of my favorite wedding stories: Emily caught the bouquet but in the midst of the scuffle, 95% of the flowers fell off. She was left with a few dilapidated daises. Waaa waaaaaa. |
The Dirty Dash is a 10K you run in mud through obstacle courses, mud pits, huge slip n' slides, rope swings, and the like. Basically hilarious. Laughed my head off the entire time. I ran it with my roommates Katie and Kaylene and our friend Jessica. We had capes and hats. We were awesome.
![]() |
| Kaylene, Lizzie, Katie and Jessica. |
![]() |
| Katie sort of looks like a creepy pimp. |
![]() |
| Glamor shot. |
![]() |
| Starting line. Intimidating the competition. |
![]() |
| Parkour-esque, Katie. |
![]() |
| The end result. |
And now, the Cabin Party:
Every October I have a bunch of friends up to our cabin. This year we had about 45 people crammed in there and we had a blast. We spent most of the night playing Just Dance on the Wii. We didn't take many pictures of the attendees but I am thrilled to report that this party too was a success. It is important to note that at last year's party 4 people met their current spouse.
We got up in the morning, went four wheeling amongst the autumn loveliness, and ate raspberry waffles while listening to Coldplay. Yes, yes indeed... perfection defined. Anyway, the few photos I have are posted below.
![]() |
| This photo is candid. I don't know why we are pouting so openly. |
![]() |
| Breaking it down. |
And finally, the Canyon Drive:
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to accompany this update, which is a shame. Redact. It's not a shame. It is an act of mercy because it any sort of photo might have grossed you out royally.
On Sunday I went with some friends to drive up Provo Canyon, which is infamous for some gorgeous fall colors. While we sat in a secluded area, a little green bug suicide-missioned itself right into my eye. You could say it was an act of terrorism... the little bugger was bent on ruining my entire day even if it resulted in it's own demise. And it did. Once I got the bug out of my eye, it began to sting like crazy and I could feel it swelling. I shrugged and kept my eye closed, hoping it would sort itself out given a little time.
We stayed and talked for a little more until it was obvious that my eye wasn't getting any better. We went to the car and drove down the canyon as I watched my face deform more and more in the rearview mirror. We got back and stopped by the pharmacy to pick up some goods. I looked like I had been punched repeatedly in the face. My eye swelled up nearly as big as a tennis ball. For the next two hours, I blearily blinked through the Benedryl haze, applied eyedrops every 3 seconds and froze half of my face entirely with an ice pack. Finally the swelling went down enough that I looked somewhat normal.
On Sunday I went with some friends to drive up Provo Canyon, which is infamous for some gorgeous fall colors. While we sat in a secluded area, a little green bug suicide-missioned itself right into my eye. You could say it was an act of terrorism... the little bugger was bent on ruining my entire day even if it resulted in it's own demise. And it did. Once I got the bug out of my eye, it began to sting like crazy and I could feel it swelling. I shrugged and kept my eye closed, hoping it would sort itself out given a little time.
We stayed and talked for a little more until it was obvious that my eye wasn't getting any better. We went to the car and drove down the canyon as I watched my face deform more and more in the rearview mirror. We got back and stopped by the pharmacy to pick up some goods. I looked like I had been punched repeatedly in the face. My eye swelled up nearly as big as a tennis ball. For the next two hours, I blearily blinked through the Benedryl haze, applied eyedrops every 3 seconds and froze half of my face entirely with an ice pack. Finally the swelling went down enough that I looked somewhat normal.
I relayed this story later that night to my friend Tim and he said, "Well Lizzie, it's well known that you have some killer eyes."
Yuk yuk yuk.
There you have it, I'm caught up.
TEASER: Tune in soon for posts on the following:
A formal Masquerade Ball complete with poofy dress and mask
pictures of our hilarious Halloween Costume currently in the works
new set of book reviews
pictures of my newly decorated house
an ode to High School Musical
some updates on the cuteness of my nephews












No comments:
Post a Comment