Feeling comfortable is one of the greatest feelings that exists. I realized today that there are very few people in my life that make me feel entirely comfortable. I'm not just talking at ease... I mean that I can be myself, my whole self, and nothing by myself when I am with them. It is a relationship I have achieved with a select few. Although I really am only one person, I feel like different people bring out different sides of me. Some of these sides I really like, some I don't like at all.
For example, I have a friend who turns me into kind of a complainer. She is more of a pessimistic person and when I'm with her, I feel like all I want to talk about is things that bother me and what's wrong with the world. I don't like that Lizzie. That isn't who I am.
Sometimes, mostly when talking to a group of people, I get the passionate Lizzie. She is excited and enthusiastic, she feels what she is saying. She shows in on her face and with her hands, and although she sometimes fumbles over words due to her excitement, she is typically pretty eloquent and expressive. She is always validated and loved by those she is around. I like her. I think she's funny.
Lately, I have been spending some time with certain people who bring out a Lizzie I really like a lot. She is someone that I feel I have inside but very few can coax her out. She is the relaxed and comfortable Lizzie. She is entirely herself. She is fun and witty, she tells stories and plays games, she can go into spiritual realms and transition right into hysterical laughter. She feels safe, happy, and liked. I really really like this Lizzie. I think she is my favorite Lizzie right now.
For example, I have a friend who turns me into kind of a complainer. She is more of a pessimistic person and when I'm with her, I feel like all I want to talk about is things that bother me and what's wrong with the world. I don't like that Lizzie. That isn't who I am.
Sometimes, mostly when talking to a group of people, I get the passionate Lizzie. She is excited and enthusiastic, she feels what she is saying. She shows in on her face and with her hands, and although she sometimes fumbles over words due to her excitement, she is typically pretty eloquent and expressive. She is always validated and loved by those she is around. I like her. I think she's funny.
Lately, I have been spending some time with certain people who bring out a Lizzie I really like a lot. She is someone that I feel I have inside but very few can coax her out. She is the relaxed and comfortable Lizzie. She is entirely herself. She is fun and witty, she tells stories and plays games, she can go into spiritual realms and transition right into hysterical laughter. She feels safe, happy, and liked. I really really like this Lizzie. I think she is my favorite Lizzie right now.
I really like this picture because this is my ideal situation. At the cabin with snow outside, me inside with a good book and a fire and a blanket and comfortable pajamas with family in the next room. And hot chocolate. And italian lasagna cooking in the oven. Maybe some Martinellis too. Or good cold skim milk. What is it with me and beverages?
No comments:
Post a Comment