Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Retirement.

This is Mel. Mel was my mission companion for 5 months. Mel is now my roommate. When I first met Mel over two years ago, her hair was long. Like this. 


And this. 
Then one day she made me do this. I was scared. She was probably scareder. 

It was a terrifying and nerve-racking experience... having someone else's life in your hands. But I cut her hair. And then she looked like this. (She's with Nurshia and Anil, two of our favorite investigators we found and started working with.)

And life was good. 

But then over two years later(meaning last week), she wanted me to repeat the process. She caught me in a moment when I was feeling particularly confident. I agreed. I cut her hair. And my nerves about gave up on me this time. 

Therefore, I'd like to announce that I am officially retiring from the hair-cutting business. I love you all. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm on your blog!! I'm famous!!!!

EY Thrift Store said...

Ha ha. When I was on my mission I had a great idea to cut my own hair. After two companions attempted to reparid it, I went to a couple different Brazilian beautly salons. It wasn't truely fixed until right before my wedding when Natalie Miller evened it out. It's a lot of pressure to cut a friend's hair!

EY Thrift Store said...

Um, maybe I should read through what I write before publishing. When I say reparid, I think I mean repair. And by saying beautly what I'm really trying to say is beauty.