
Today is International Chocolate Day. Dead serious. It's a holiday. I knew that there had to be some kind of holiday like this somewhere. In fact, I guess some genius soul made a holiday out of just about every sweet thing in the world. Look here. So lets take some time and celebrate this celestial substance, shall we?
Whoever does this for a living is cheating.
Remember in Ever After when Marguarite describes chocolate as "positively sinful"?
Don't worry though... you're actually burning calories right now as you scroll down looking at these.
Doesn't hurt to look, right?
This one is in Germany. Das es gut, ya?
Oh. My.
Yum.
Yum yum.
Yum yum yum.
Edible art is my favorite kind.
Come on, people! An edible chocolate Yoda? Can life get better? I submit that it cannot.
Oh wait, it can. A chocolate fireplace.
And an entire chocolate room designed by Godiva chocolatiers complete with a chocolate painting by Jackson Pollock. I wonder how long I would last in a chocolate room. I think I'd just go all Augustus Gloopish and eat everything in sight. Reminds me of the Comte de Reynaud falling asleep after eating the window display in Chocolat. I love that part soooo much. But now...
My friends, I'd like to introduce you to the Frrozen Haute Chocolate, otherwise known as the most expensive dessert in the world, retailing at $25,000. Yes, you read that right. How do you get such an expensive dessert? Observe:- First, you must start by blending 28 different kinds of cocoa, including the 14 most expensive kinds in the world
- add 5 grams of edible 23-karat gold
- spoon that into a gold goblet lined with edible gold
- put an 18-karat gold bracelet with one carat diamonds in it at the base of said goblet
- top with cream and more edible gold
- add a La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier (they sell for $2,600 a pound)
- serve with a gold spoon decorate with white and chocolate-colored diamonds
Moral of the story? Chocolate is good and we must celebrate it. Reading this too late? Is it no longer International Chocolate Day when you read this? No worries, I'm sure no one will get upset if you choose to celebrate now. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or every day for the rest of your life.
Mmmmmm.
1 comment:
Yay! Now we both have chocolate posts!! (Mine is old though, and not posted on international chocolate day, so probably doesn't count.)
On another note, I WILL have that dessert someday. Just wait and see.
Post a Comment