Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 1- Favorite Song

My favorite song changes almost daily, but there is one song that I think I will always love. It is the most played song on my iTunes and I never tire of it: Journey's "Don't Stop Believing".



Not only is Journey an amazing band with great music but one of the best parts about this song is who is singing it: Arnel Pineda. You need to watch his story. He's the new lead singer of Journey and his is a real-life Cinderella story that I just love.



My friend Joe got us tickets to go see Journey in the summer of 2008 and it was a life-changing experience watching this man perform, thinking that only a year earlier, he was a poor Filipino singing in a bar. His energy was contagious and I loved the way he'd suddenly look at the other band members with this look of surprise in a middle of song as if to say, "Wait, what? What am I doing here? Hey, is that JOURNEY?!" I mean, the guy used to be homeless...

So I think it will always and forever be my favorite song.

1 comment:

Joe and Katie said...

I am excited to read your blog each day, but for crying out loud HOW WAS ITALY?