Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tanti Saluti Calorosi Da Firenze!

I am typing this from Florence on a computer that is older than my great grandpa. All of the letters are worn off of this keyboard so I am doing some pretty hefty guesswork. Thank you Mrs... Shoot I don't remember your name for teaching me keyboarding in the 7th grade TLC class. Starts with a C... or a P? Mom, help me out... she was the one who taught you too... good friends with Mrs. Bridge... dang it. I am sitting in a room without a view, but no matter. The lights are all off. As my sister would have said 17 years ago, it's bewwy gawwk in heeyow.

Anyway, Italy is rainy and wet and cold and I love it. I am leaving in an hour to go invite a family to be baptized with two Elders I taught... Elders that entered the MTC with so much desire and NO experience. Now their language has developed into something beautiful and their abilities as missionaries are incredible. The day I got here, there were a bunch of missionaries waiting for me at the mission home. I flew in on their P Day and a group of them that I taught waited for me wanting to say hi. They are so grown up I hardly recognize them anymore.

Ate tiramisu for breakfast because I can. Bought about ten packages of bucacacao. If you have tried them, you'll know why I needed to buy so many. I brought a whole suitcase to fill with Italian food stuffs so I can cook davvero when I get home. Tomorrow I am going to Prato, this tiny town outside of Florence where I lived for 6 months, and see a bunch of my favorite people in church. Going to go to the Florence markets on Monday. Afterwards, I get to go to the Florence zone conference to see another bunch of my favorite people, some of the other missionaries I taught. Then I get a free ride back to Rome with the President and his wife.

I have so much more to say and so much more to try to express but for now, this will have to do. Ciao da Italia!

3 comments:

Joe and Katie said...

Quanto mi manca Firenze. non dimenticare la nutella nelle valige. TVB!

Heidi Jones said...

Hi Zard,
You're typing teacher's name is Mrs. Conant. We tended Roy tonight... nothing floats my boat more than tending Roy!
Love you,
Merm

Ty and Meg said...

Ohh I am SO jealous. I love Florence.