foggy moment [faw-gee moh-muhnt] --noun. From the Greek form James Gary Sheets
Of or relating to an embarrassing experience usually having to do with a lack of thought and/or coherence, often in the presence of family members. Typically exploited greatly by said family members and is extremely hard to live down. Originated with Grandpa Gary Sheets, whose nickname as a young man was Foggy due to many of these episodes.
see also: foggy award, Foggy Sheets, Sheets familyHe won the foggy award of the month for this one. My dad, mom and I were sitting at the cabin talking about Kilimanjaro and wondering what our next goal should be.
Dad: I really want to start running more. Lizzie, you should train with me. I think I'm really going to start training hard for a 1/2 K.
Lizzie: Wow Dad, a 1/2 K? That might be a little ambitious. What's that, up to the top of the street and back? You'll have to train hard.
Dad: No, I meant a half marath...
Mom: Now honey, don't go straining yourself... a 1/2 K is quite the race.
Dad: Oh, shut up.
So if you see my dad, congratulate him... both on his race and on his foggy moment.
nt] --noun. From the Greek form James Gary Sheets
2 comments:
That's funny. What's also funny is that I actually would have to train for a 1/2K.
Love this post.... hee hee hee. I love it because dad has very few 'foggy moments'... unlike those who actually have the Sheets blood running through their veins. Yes, Danny... you have Sheets blood whether you like it or not... and Roy does too!
Post a Comment