I got to go to my dear friend Ann Marie's wedding back in D.C. at the beginning of November. It was my maiden voyage to the country's capitol and I daresay it was a success. Ann and I met years ago when we both backpacked our way across the British Isles with a BYU study abroad group. She became sort of an older sister to me and I wanted to go and support her on the blessed day. I got to meet up with two of my other wonderful friends from that study abroad, Janelle and Evelyn. Janelle lives back in D.C. so I got to stay with her. She has a corner of her room dedicated to pirates. That should give you a good idea about how Janelle and I get along. Ev is pregnant with her 3rd baby. She has two girls that have clear blue eyes like their mother. She's amazing.
On Friday, I walked from Janelle's house in Arlington down to the metro and went in to the city. Beautiful.
![]() |
| Washington Monument. |
![]() |
| Jefferson Monument. Jefferson is my favorite of the founding fathers. |
![]() |
| I spent the majority of my time here at the Holocaust museum. Humbling experience to say the least. |
![]() |
| Janelle's lunchbox was in her car. I opened it up and found this. Never have I been more proud of Janelle Lamb. |
![]() |
| Who loves FDR? I DO! |
![]() |
| The weather was superb. Chilly but clear and full of beautiful colors. |
![]() |
| Ann was a beautiful bride. Josh's nieces were almost too cute to handle. |
![]() |
| So happy. |
![]() |
| I love this picture. |
![]() |
| Like I said, the colors... oh the colors! |
![]() |
| The wedding luncheon was held on the banks of the Potomac. |













2 comments:
Awww... I missed you guys too! I was in DC last week, on our way home to Germany. I felt so bad that I missed everything by a week. I would have loved to see all of you! (But I did see those fall colors, and they were gorgeous! The leaves fell off the trees here more than a month ago.) Thanks for sharing all those pictures. I have been thinking about the wedding and dying to see some pictures. Ann is beautiful.
1) Did you take all those pictures? I really like the Washington Monument one, muchos.
2) Did you dye your hair?
3) I think I would like your nutella friend.
4) Have fun in the UK! (And by UK I mean Ukraine, of course. Obviously.)
Post a Comment