Thursday, July 2, 2009

Proud

Today I am proud. The good kind. Why?
I'm proud of...
  • myself because I went and bought a wireless router and figured out how to get it to work all by my lonesome and now my whole apartment has wireless internet.
  • my missionary sister: I saw her in action teaching it up at the MTC.
  • my newly organized shelves.
  • my dad because he's a good dad.
  • a sister missionary I taught and just got a letter from- she tracked down one of my old investigators and has started teaching her again.
  • recently formed future party plans in Vernal.
  • my clean clean super clean apartment.
  • Canada.
  • my 7 mile run today.
  • one of my favorite Elders I've ever taught who is serving amazingly well in Pisa.
  • another of my favorite Elder up in Como and his uplifting emails.
  • the people of my ward: so friendly, so accomplished, so welcoming, so fun.
  • my mom... just in general.
  • myself because I something today that was really hard for me to do, but I did it and felt good about it.
  • my nephew because he's a good baby.
  • my sister-in-law because she's a good mom to a good baby.
  • bran muffins and how good they taste.
  • brother Johnny because he wrote a really sweet letter to missionary sister.
  • some recent spiritual insights.
  • a sweet roommate who takes the time to talk to me.
  • America.
  • brother Danny because he's a dad.
  • people who are trying to make this world better.
  • J.K. Rowling.
  • midnight barbecues.
  • Philadelphia cream cheese because they made cream cheese with half the fat and it still tastes good.
  • Buylow Market by my house because they sell pumpernickel bread.
  • President Obama for doing his best.
  • the spell check on my computer.
  • my visiting teacher Tawna for being so thoughtful.
  • the girls in my relief society for organizing a clothing swap in which I got rid of a bunch of stuff and got a bunch of stuff.
  • JC Penny for selling such cute shorts.
  • the skies for raining a little despite forecasts of clear skies- you go, skies.
  • Boo my Subaru.
  • Les Schwab Tires for fixing my tire for free.
  • my friend Scottie and his recent temple wedding.
  • myself for not being impulsive- instead I'm taking my time to find a good deal on a flight to Italy.
  • my hair- good hair day today.
  • the Church because they are conservative in their car choices (this last week at the MTC there been the mission presidents' seminar so a lot of general authorities come and park in the reserved "general authority" section of the MTC parking lot and I counted 32 Toyota Avalons in a row... same make and model but a variety of colors. 32!)
  • my good friends that are new moms.
  • the number of blue articles of clothing I own.
  • my study abroad journals.
  • my list of things I'm proud of.
That is all.

5 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

You're quite a woman, my friend. Can I be proud of YOU? Because I am.

Andrea Sheets said...

I'm proud to be your aunt each and every day. I love you Lizzie!

Heidi Jones said...

I'm proud that you're proud. You're a great daughter and friend. I love you.

Merm

Danny and Jessi said...

I love your and your proud list. And I'm very proud you ran seven miles today! Go Lizzie! That's a long way. And I love your face.

Roger said...

I'm proud of you Liz. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 Jn. 1:4) Keep it up. Dad