Thursday, June 24, 2010

Good Day, Bad Day

When we were little, my mom and I had us do something at dinner called "Good Day, Bad Day" during which we had to tell everyone in the family a good thing about our day and a bad thing about our day. I think the game was invented because I tended to monopolize the dinner conversation while my older brother Danny sat in silence pushing his peas around his plate. The problem is sometimes I would do Danny's "Good Day, Bad Day" for him.

But anyway, today I will share with you my Good Day, Bad Day.

Bad Day:

Essentially ran everywhere I went at work today for 13 hours in new shoes that hurt my feet.

Good Day:

Started the day off hearing President Eyring give one of the best talks I've ever heard.
Stood behind Elder Nelson in line for the drinking fountain.
Gave a small wave to Elder Holland in the hallway... and he smiled back.
Heard both Elder Holland and Elder Nelson speak along with their wives.
Found out that nylons and long skirts are no longer requirements for my work attire.
Had training with my teachers on the lawn outside because the weather is awesome.
Passed Elder Oaks in the hallway.
Heard Elder Hinckley tell stories about his dad.
Met several of the brand new Mission Presidents and their wives, including my Uncle and Aunt. 
Was taught about miracles and patience by the Italian missionaries in Italian. 
Found out I get to hear from President Uchtdorf tomorrow morning.
Went to Tucanos for lunch... courtesy of the MTC. Loved Brazilian food. 
LOVED MY JOB.

Honestly, I get a little overwhelmed sometimes to think about how much I love my work and how lucky I am to be there.

No comments: