Monday, June 7, 2010

The latest and greatest...

Announcement: My nephew's birthday party was a complete success, which may or may not be attributed his wearing this hat backwards.

He is a complete ham and makes the same squinty-eyed grinny face in every picture ever. He was far more interested in eating the wrapping paper than playing with his new toys but that'll change. 

He was a little timid with his cake at first but then the sugar drunkenness kicked in. And the way he's holding the spoon in this picture makes him look like he's singing Celine Dion at a karaoke party.
Such a cute little guy. I got him a golf set so he can go golfing with Danny. He need to learn to walk first though. 


A few days later, Johnny and my dad and I climbed Mount Olympus.
Beautiful beautiful mountain.
And Kendra was there too.

Later that day, I went to REI and they paid me two dollars to walk out the door with this dress.
 (Only, mine is in blue because I never wear any other color.) 

Yep. Paid me. As in they handed me two dollars and said "Lizzie, will you please leave this store with these two dollars and this dress that you like?" and I said, "Sure REI, that is so kind of you. I will be back to spend more money soon." That is what happened. Basically. The Memorial Day sale plus the REI dividend (when you shop there a lot and you're a member, they give you some money back at the end of the year to go get whatever you want...) made it so I actually made money off of getting this dress I've been eying for weeks. If that isn't a good deal than I don't know what is...

Stay tuned for the next installment of "why Italy is hilarious"... it'll be a good one.

1 comment:

Andrea Sheets said...

excuse me??? I hiked the beautiful mountain with you too!
-Hannah