Sunday, June 27, 2010

On Fishing

I should be sleeping. I am so tired...

But instead I'm lying in my bed thinking about fishing. Yep. you read that right, fishing. I haven't been for years and years. And I really really really really have had this strong desire to go lately. And I don't know why.

For the past year I've really wanted to learn how to fish and then go... often. I think it started while floating down the Provo River last year with friends and seeing these guys out there fishing in their awesome hats and vests and waders. They were so happy... whistling, waving serenely at us as we floated past, some of them joking with us like they were going to catch our tubes with their hooks and sink us. I was so intrigued that I went home and wrote on my to-do list "Learn to Fish." I read online. I was at the library and had some time to kill and went and looked at some books. I even went to DI for the express purpose of buying a dinky pole I could start on. I was unsuccessful, but I still hopefully look every time I'm there.

Again, this overwhelming desire hit tonight as I lie in my bed. I really want to go fishing. That's not only a man-hobby is it? And its not too late to start a new hobby at 25, I'm sure of it. See how serene it looks? And I would love to go through my day at work knowing that afterward I'd get to grab my tackle box and pole and drive on up Provo Canyon.

That's it. I'm taking up fishing.

1 comment:

kitty emma. said...

did you ever go fishing?