Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love Love Love year two

Exactly one year ago today, I wrote this post about the people that I love and the reasons that I love them. Today hasn't been the greatest of days and I need to pull myself out of my prideful peevish pity puddle and start thinking outside the whiney box. April 6th is a significant day for various reasons. Now it'll be significant to me for a different reason. I hereby proclaim this my day of Love Love Love and I will celebrate it every year by doing this. Without further ado, here are the people that I love and the reasons why I love them:


  • Heavenly Father because in the last several months He truly has become my number one confidant and friend. He calms me down when I need calming down, He builds me up when I need building up, He listens when I need a listener, He speaks when I need a speaker. He is all that I need him to be and so much more. 
  • My Savior Jesus Christ because He understands me perfectly.
  • My Mom because she is responsible for all of the good parts of me. She's taught me to love, to forgive, to pray, to grow. 
  • My Dad because He gets me up mountains (both real and symbolic)
  • My brother Danny because he's always been the example.
  • My sister-in-law Taryn because she's the best thing to ever happen to my brother and she feels like she's always been my sister. 
  • My nephew Roy because he can cheer me up when no one else can. 
  • My nephew-to-be (Michael?) because I know he'll love me best, just like his brother. 
  • Kathy because she keeps me sporadic and spontaneous. 
  • Johnny because he is one of my best friends.
  • Grandma Kathy because she's taught me what it means to truly be beloved by all who know you. 
  • Grandpa Gary because he's probably my biggest fan. 
  • Grandma Di because she sent me a card in the mail about a year ago that still hangs on my mirror. She listened to me on a day when I needed some compassion and I will never forget how much that meant to me. 
  • Grandma Jones because she was the glue of the Jones family. 
  • Grandpa Jones because he has the warmest and kindest manner. 
  • Donna because she loves Grandpa Jones. 
  • Jim because he tries to set me up with people.
  • Andrea because I feel like she values my opinions and genuinely cares about what is going on in my life. 
  • Molly because she's been a great example of faith.
  • Abby because she's amazingly solid.
  • Tom because he's practical. 
  • Laura because she's sweet. 
  • Hannah because she's confident.
  • Sammy because she's incredibly considerate.
  • James because he always gives me a hug. 
  • Mary because she feels things so profoundly.
  • Nate because he'll become your best friend if you throw a beanbag with him for thirty minutes. 
  • The Robertsons because they have always been so good to us. 
  • The McNees Family because they love having us over. 
  • The Joneses because we share a common love for Grandma Jones. 
  • President Monson for living what he preaches and for being concerned about us. 
  • President Rhien for his kind gentle manner, especially in the face of trials. 
  • Sister Rhien for treating all people as if they are her best friends. 
  • Christina because she's probably one of the best and most incredible friends I've ever had and she loves me so much. 
  • Angie because I admire her deeply and appreciate how solid she is.
  • Emily O. because we have some great things in common and also because she loves people so deeply. 
  • Jess because she's one of the more beautiful people in this world but doesn't act like it. 
  • Kim because she's strong. 
  • Kirsti because she exemplifies the word "charity."
  • Julia because she seeks out those that need love.
  • Ashely because of all the hours I've gone and talked with her on her bed and because she demands nightly updates.
  • Ali because she is pure.
  • Randi because she's one of my favorites. 
  • Katie C. because she is the funnest person I know and because she's made my life so enjoyable.
  • Mikell and Kaylene because of Parkour and surfing and my fan club.
  • Jessica because of Lil' Buddy. 
  • Lawanna because she's inspiring. 
  • Ashlee because she's so good. 
  • Lisa because she's so comfortable in her own skin.
  • Jenni because she's so supportive. 
  • Hawk because he's probably my favorite guy ever. 
  • Cole because he calls everyone "Brother"
  • President and Sister Xaxagbe because of their incredible faith.
  • Derek because he lets me beat him in Scrabble.
  • Kory because he's powerful.
  • Austin because he's a dork. 
  • Kase because of his "visualizations."
  • Mel because she's still the most witty person I know.
  • Katie Dahl because she's someone I'll always want as a best friend. 
  • Christan because I've realized how much I miss her. 
  • Dave because he makes me laugh probably harder than anyone I've ever known. 
  • Danny because he confides in me. 
  • Em Weed because after 15 years, we still love each other. 
  • Chris because of youtube videos.
  • Aminidab for teaching me one of the most valuable lessons I've learned in the scriptures.
  • Lora because we always pick up where we left off. 
  • Elder Maxwell for every talk he's ever given. 
  • AM because she expresses herself so beautifully and she had such a lovely wedding.
  • Janelle because she is a great hostess and still has hilarious as ever.
  • Erica because she's the eternal optimist.
  • Evelyn because she's one of the most supportive people I know. 
  • Becky because I've always felt like she is someone I was supposed to meet in this life. 
  • Katie M. because she's getting married!! And because she is incredibly selfless.
  • Stacy because she's honest. 
  • Sara because she's a fashionista and so interesting. 
  • Em Johnson because she is someone I would feel totally comfortable going to for advice. 
  • Pineapple juice because it's delicious.
  • Maceys for selling pineapple juice.
  • Liz for facing hard things. 
  • EmBun because she more than anyone else has made me excited to be a mother someday.
  • Deja because she sees beauty in little things. 
  • England Rachel because she's going to be a famous author.
  • Anna because she is meditative. 
  • Alison because she's a Jeopardy rockstar.
  • Annie because I think she's amazing and I genuinely enjoy pretty much anything she says or does. 
  • Roo for being such a cute dad to his adorable baby. 
  • Corey because every time I see her, she gets so excited. 
  • Julie because she and her husband are great examples of what a healthy marriage looks like. 
  • Katherine because she's an engineer.
  • Alyssa because she is incredibly Christ-like
  • Becca Pike because people are attracted to her goodness. 
  • Juliet because she is a crowd pleaser.
  • Jessi and Sariah because they love me even when I never call them back 
  • Ruth because she's the best visiting teacher I've ever known
  • Joe because he'll always care.
  • Bob because his blog makes my day. 
  • Steve for loving me at a time in my life when I really needed someone to love me. 
  • Joni because she lives life passionately. 
  • Elder Holland because he speaks the way I feel.
  • Jessi O. because I cannot get over how much I needed her as a roommate when I had her. 
  • The Watson family because they have always felt like fans on the sidelines. 
  • Rob for being the best home teacher I've had in a long time. 
  • Benham for including me in his bracket.
  • Chet for being a real friend, not just a mission friend.
  • Joel for loving Italy enough to go back. 
  • All of the missionaries I've ever taught.
  • Marie because she was converted by the Visiting Teaching program.
  • Morgan because she's so athletic.
  • Christina for getting a slurpee with me that one day. 
  • Ari for being the happiest person I know, even during one of the saddest times. 
  • Ben for being so easy to count on. 
  • Brynn because she care about my life outside of work.
  • Tyson because I love his wife and daughter so much. 
  • Robbie for being one of the most impressive and supportive people I know. 
  • Robby for stopping by my desk to see how I'm doing. 
  • Jacob for asking me to pray for his brother. 
  • All of the German teachers because they're so low maintenance. 
  • Cristina because she's really my friend. 
  • Kris because we can laugh at work.
  • Rand because I look up to him a lot. 
  • Chris B. because he's so good at his job. 
  • Cydne because she's a joy to talk to. 
  • Clay because he's even-tempered.
  • My boss Brian because he backs me up no matter what. 
  • Shaun because I love the way he says my name. 
  • Chris R. because he's so willing to help with anything and everything. 
  • Spencer because he's changed so much.
  • Cameron because he wants to see me happy. 
  • Andrew because he gave me hope.
  • Other Andrew because he wants to get me married. 
  • Emily C. because she will always be my Sorella.
  • Matt because he loves Emily.
  • President Uchtdorf because he listened to revelation that day in Rome and because he gave that talk on hope. 
  • Eric because he gives awesome hugs.
  • Russell because he texts me pictures of segways.
  • Geoff because he's so thorough.
  • Hailey because she loves her job.
  • Hillary because she's beautiful largely due to spirituality.
  • Maria because she's so easy to work with.
  • Cara because she's a cute mom.
  • Rach because of all our memories.
  • Janelle because I sort of want to be just like her.
  • Jeff because he's such a good example of how to treat a girl.
  • Justin because he's committed.
  • Kendra because I'll always love her. 
  • Sam because he is like a brother to me. 
  • Taylor for being such a good choice. 
  • Carla because she's on a mission. 
  • Natalia because she's embraced everything with open arms.
  • Claudia because she loved me so much.
  • Costanza because I still pray for her. 
  • Jarom because he always speaks Italian, even when people don't understand. 
  • Peter for being my mission hero. 
  • Scottie because he got married in the temple. 
  • Nate because he's the reason I have the job that I have today. 
  • Rick Duerden for teaching me to love learning. 
  • Sifuel for pulling me up Kilimanjaro.
  • Frank for pushing me up Kilimanjaro. 
  • All our other African friends we made in Tanzania for helping me love Africans even more. 
  • Moses and William because they'll always stand out as some of the best examples I know. 
  • Dagny because I love her blog. 
  • Tawna because a long time ago she helped me feel welcome in a ward I was unsure about. 
  • Brother Miller for always having my back. 
  • The boy on the metro that taught me about unreserved love.
  • The Scottish girl Mary on Kilimanjaro for helping me up the mountain. 
  • Ashely because even though I don't know her, she's made an impact on me. 
  • Tasha because there is something about her that is so impressive.


That's it for now! Happy April 6th :)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

FACT: I like your love3 posts.
ANOTHER FACT: mi manchi.

Annie said...

You love a lot of people. Thanks for the love.

Joe and Katie said...

Can I just say that this world would be a better place if there were more Lizzies in it. TVB! and Move to NM already!

Danny and Jessi said...

I almost cried when I saw that I made the list. Love you too :)

Em said...

aw! one reason why I love lizzie: it is so easy for her to express her love.

Tawna said...

Fact: I love Lizzie Jones because she is fun, she is an inspiration to me, and because she knows how to take some things seriously, and other things not. Lizzie dear, thanks for letting me make the list, love you too!