Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Updates: Episode Emily's Wedding

Day of the wedding.


Emily Weed and I have been friends ever since we met in Mrs. Allred's terrible English class in 7th grade. We sat kitty-corner to each other and for whatever reason absolutely hit it off. We spent virtually every day together from 7th grade until we separated for college more than 6 years later. Even though we went to different colleges and were involved in different things, we've stayed in contact all these years. She's always been one of the best friends I've ever had and someone that has always been very dear to me. I don't get to see her as much as I'd like which is why I was so excited to hear that she and Taylor were getting married in Salt Lake. Taylor is an incredible guy and is so good to Emily. They have a great relationship and I am so happy for her.

We met in 7th grade. Cara and I sang in choir together, Emily and I met in English class, and Rachel carried me off the field when I broke my ankle in Mr. Brough's gym class. We have years of memories behind us. I love these girls. 

The Weed family is sort of like a second family to me. I love Emily's siblings and parents and it was so good to see them. The Wedding Brunch was awesome... simple... classy... fun... personal. The sealing was one of my favorites I've ever been to. There was such an incredible spirit. I got to see some of my greatest friends and got to see Beautiful Emily get sealed to Taylor. They both looked so happy. Her wedding was probably one of the best I've attended because it was so simple and easy. I loved it.



They're married!

The happy couple. 
Em's Brunch was close to my Grandpa's house so I stopped in to say hi to him too. He's so funny. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awwww! Thanks, Lizzie! It is so nice to read your recap because honestly the day was kind of a blur to me! I'm so glad that you were able to be there that day--it really meant so much to me. Thank goodness for Mrs. Allred's English class!