I work with amazing people at the MTC. We're all crammed into this room where we sit in cubicles and go about our days in close quarters. This means that we tend to eavesdrop a fair amount and end up learning all sorts of things about each other. And one thing I've learned that we all have in common is that we all like to tease Brandon.
Brandon is another Training Coordinator. I used to sit right by him and he would sing ridiculous songs, put on lotion that smelled like Grandmas, tap his pen non-stop, he'd rap a lot like
50 Tyson and was just basically obnoxious. But he was the kind of obnoxious that you love, not the kind that you despise with all your soul. He's downright entertaining. If you're talking on the phone to someone, Brandon is the kind of person who will pretend like you're talking to him and answer all your questions... he's that guy. Brandon makes me laugh and although most of the time I'm rolling my eyes at whatever he's doing, deep down we all feel the Brandon love.
Because of Brandon's personality, he's become somewhat of a target. He is so fun to tease, though I can't really explain why. Maybe its the way he reacts, maybe it's just because it is enjoyable to know that you're bothering someone that can be so bothersome... regardless of the reason, everyone seems to was to tease Brandon. Examples of recent pranks played on Brandon.
- Tyson (the IT guy) did something to Brandon's computer so it talks and sings to him every time there is a warning message box that pops up. Freaked him out like crazy the first time it happened, now he just talks back or sings along.
- Shawn and Zack set up a gmail account with BYU Basketball legend Jimmer Freddette's name. Brandon is a HUGE BYU sports fan. They got me to get in to the account and send Brandon emails "from Jimmer." I also sent out an email to all of our co-workers from Jimmer telling them that Jimmer was pleased with their work and that if they wanted to communicate with him, they should go through Brandon. Brandon was stunned at first, but then he started worrying about the woes of identity theft and didn't think it was funny anymore.
- John (also from IT) logged on Brandon's computer remotely and changed it so all of his computer icons on his desktop were about the size of my fist. It took Brandon a week to figure out how to change that one back.
- Jason (Brandon's boss) isn't so much the joking type but one time he was back by our desks and Brandon wasn't there so he sat down and sent out an email to all of our co-workers from Brandon's email address. He wrote the email to himself "from Brandon" and addressed the concerning problem of Jason's supposed excess body odor. People started replying to the email and Brandon was mortified, thinking that one of us had sent Jason an email as a joke. He didn't find out that it was all Jason's doing for a while.
I decided I wanted in on a prank. Due to some amazing DI finds, I found myself in possession of a number of horrendous items. I decided that I would put one on his desk every few days to see what he'd do. He was quite a first and would quickly set the item on Kirsti or Rand's desk. After a few days, he began to realize that these little trinkets kept popping up. He's starting to get very curious and perturbed, asking questions out loud like "Why is my desk producing such ugly friends?!" So far, the following lovelies have made it on to his desk.
 |
| I especially love the "I love you and there's nothing you can do about it" cross-stitch. The dog and the reindeer thingy are funny too. |
 |
| Close up of the baby bear. |
 |
| ...And the dwarf elf man with the broken hand. |
 |
| ... And the bonneted swan thing. |
This is the one I'm planting tomorrow.
 |
| The Angel with the birthing hips and the star coil. |
These ones will follow shortly thereafter.
 |
| This one might be my all-time favorite. |
 |
| This one is going to hang over his name-plate. |
 |
| This Christmas Bear looks like he's about the squish the house. |
 |
| This is probably the ugliest one I have... the bear in a pot. |
 |
| And we'll probably end off with the twin swans. |
This is my favorite game I've ever played.... and I think I'm winning. I'll keep you posted.
5 comments:
Um, I love this. Mostly because I know Brandon so I know just what you're talking about, and secondly just because it's funnier. But Lizzie, really--there have got to be even uglier finds than those at D.I. I am sure I've seen each of those items (except those fantastic cross-stitches) at ward members homes in the past few years. Why is that? :) How can I get in on the prank from Ohio? ;)
I was just catching up with your blog and I love the post about Em's wedding! That was so much fun to see our little group of friends together! I loved spending the afternoon with you and I'm glad you were able to make it to the temple too :) Also, that surfing place in Provo looks awesome! I would love to try it out, but I'm sure I wouldn't be any good... looks like fun though! Take care,
~Cara~
I will pay you good money for those two cross-stitch treasures... good money!
"Nightsies?" Hmmm. That baby bear is a find! And I wouldn't mind finding a bonneted goose on my desk!
This is hilarious.
Classic. You are too genius! I think you should make a TV show like the Office but about the MTC. I know I'd watch it.
Post a Comment