Last night, I sat in the living room with Katie, Kaylene and Mikell and we read from our childhood journals. Few things have been more entertaining. I decided to share with you some of my favorite entries from my own journal. Buckle up... you're heading into Dramaville.
April 17, 1995: Hi! my name is Lizzie Jones. I got this journal for Easter in my basket. I'm in my class room where my friends are being very weird dancing around. We're having indoor recess because of the rain. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've never said a swear (only three people in my class haven't, Katie, me, and Jacob Nelson) and I never will. I defenly don't like Jackie McGinnis. She is such a show off. She already had 4 boyfriends and wears a training bra. Duuuumb!
March 31, 1996: Well, to day I found out were moving!!!! To UTAH!! Salt Lake City! Where everyone but Johnny were born! Close to Molly! I was the first to find out and because I can't tell anyone, mom told me to write it down. Today is Palm Sunday. I got a 97% on my math test and only missed one on my spelling test but I want to do perfect on Friday. I am going rollerblading tomorrow maybe.
May 6, 1996: I hate my toes. That's all I want to say today.
June 19, 1997: In Science, people who were getting good grades got to go to the GSL [note, that means the Great Salt Lake] for a whole day. It was so fun. Sarah Nelson is my friend. The whole time she kept whispering, "Alan is so cute." He IS really nice and she likes him alot. His name is Alan Monson and they seem to get along. Like once I told her to put on her sunglasses and look back where he was sitting on the bus and pretend she was looking at other people when she was looking at Alan. He couldn't see her eyes because she was wearing her glasses. We had a huuuuge water fight and Alan chased her and drenched her and Trevor chased me and drenched me and so we are totally getting them back. But there is a problem... AMANDA LUNT. She flirts with every boy. I don't like anyone ever never never. Boys are just friends. I got Dr. Martins and they are the sandals and I wear them with my Lucky jeans and I feel great. Emily broke her nose because a book shelf fell on her during the night while she was asleep. Emily is my best friend. I want the Backstreet Boys CD.
June 28, 1997: Happy birthday Chelsey Chambers! I always remember her birthday even though I never see her. I was thinking about the future. In ten years I hope I am married or engaged and in college. I want to go on a mission but don't know if I will. I don't want any kids until I'm about 25. I want to be a successful nurse, phsycologist or teacher. I want to have money so I can buy Silver overalls and Dr. Martins.
May 2, 1998: Today was Kathy's birthday. She is now 10. In two more years she'll be 12 and that makes me mad! I don't really want her in YWs with me. Wait, I'm being selfish. It will be good to have her there. I got her a Union Bay shirt and a Britney Spears CD. I wore my Dr. Martin sandals. Me and Kathy went to Grandma's house to play rook. Me and Grandma were ahead but K and Gpa caught up. I think Grandma let Kathy win because it was her birthday but I don't care. Guess what! My mom put DOG FOOD in cake for a lesson. Ewwww! I love Mush from Newsies but that is the only boy I love and it is okay because he isn't even real and that it is all.
May 5, 1999: I'm going to Cara's play tonight, Fiddler on the Roof. She invited Matt and a few other boys to come like Scott and Doug and McKay. They are coming. Doug is so mean to me. Cara and Matt are driving me crazy. All they talk about is each other. Emily, Rach and I are planning to get them in a fight or something, they are driving us nuts. Matt has Cara's locker combo and she thinks that is so cool but its not. He asked her out but she said no. He wrote her a note that said "Don't get any cuter or I'll die when I see you." That is so cheesey. I think they talk on the phone all the time. I don't want to talk to boys on the phone, that is so dumb. You can just talk to them at school!
May 23, 1999: I talked to Neal today on the phone. He called me to ask me about Science and then he started asking me about other stuff like dance and if I had 2nd lunch. I don't know why he called. He is weird and boings my curly hair in math. He is weird. I know I am a horrible person. I read Kathy's journal! It was laying out and I didn't think it had anything in it cause Kathy doesn't write a lot like me and I saw that it said a boy she liked. Ahh! I'm probably regreting this now. Kathy, if you are reading my journal, its okay because today you were being sort of a brat and you ate during the sacrament and you stole my shirts so you owe me so don't even think about being mad or I'll sit on you. And don't like boys, you are too young! And where are my sandals! I know you have them!
OH. MY. HEAVENS. I don't think I want daughters...
Also, sorry I was such a brat to you Kathy. I promise I won't sit on you and you can wear my sandals if you want to.

5 comments:
Oh, Lizzie! I about died reading this! I think I'll get you a pair of Dr. Martins for your birthday. I try to call Brad on the phone when he's at work, but, like you, he maintains that calling boys on the phone is dumb. I guess I got the hint, and I'll just wait until he comes home. Any more journal entries you'd like to share?
This is the best thing I have ever read. I love SO much that you got kathy a Union Bay shirt and a B Spears CD for her birthday! Bahaha. I loved Union Bay. And Mush. But we already knew that one. :) Wow. Awesome.
Haha! That is so funny!!! I loved it!
I read some of these to the missionary couple and others in my institute class. Yes. I did. hahaha. We all laughed out loud. OH. MY HEAVENS. I love you Lizzie. ;)
Oh my gosh, I seriously loved this post. You are hilarious, my friend.
Post a Comment