Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bling...

I go to BYU with a bunch of Mormons. Sometimes we try to act like we aren't Mormons. I don't mean that we jeopardize our standards in any way but we try to do what normal college students do in a squeaky clean way. 

For example, last week, I went to a "bling" party. Everyone dressed up real gangsta', we listen to edited rap music with the lights dimmed and a fog machine going... we drank lemonade and crystal light from red plastic cups and ate oreos and danced. While I was there, I had a few people in the ward come up to me and talk to me about things having to do with my church calling and how to better serve a few that were having a hard time. Some girls in the corner were all talking about where to buy modest swimming suits while they fingered their fake bling and adjusted their mouth grills made out of tin foil. A few guys left early to go home teaching. Not the typical college party but we sure tried. 

1 comment:

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

i find YOU humorous. long live funny things.