Two years ago, I started carrying around a small little leather journal I bought in Florence, Italy. I call it my "happy list." Periodically, I'd take it out and write down something that made me happy. I couldn't find it for a long time but my book and I were reunited at the beginning of the summer. I now have 1,316 entries. I figured I'd pick my top twenty (and I had to be really selective, I have a lot of favorite things) and post them. I also posted ten things that I really really DON'T like.
Top Twenty Favorite Things:

1-drinking Italian amaretto hot chocolate in front of a fire at the cabin while it's snowing or raining outside
2- basically anything to do with Italy or my mission
3- African music
4- witty banter
5- cold or rainy weather
6- discussing ideas or reminiscing with people
7- the feeling after completing something that was really hard to do
8- being with people- having good conversation
9- reading anything about Robin Hood
10- my little cousins
11- going to the cabin
12- feeling like I'm important to someone
13- anything to do with Christmas
14- the comfort of home: silliness and safety and being with my siblings and my parents
15- feeling passionate about something
16- the mountains
17- unexpected compliments
18- Italian lasagna
19- my testimony
20- the song "How Firm a Foundation"
1. Satan
2. snakes- I can't handle them. Rodents and insects and spiders wouldn't faze me in the slightest. But snakes completely freak me out.
3. the movie version of the book Ella Enchanted, which is one of my favorite books (the movie makes me so upset - it had a terrible script, even worse acting, and ruined the story)
4. mayonnaise or mustard on anything
5- hot weather-it makes me grumpy
6- feeling grumpy or upset
7- negativity
8- bad missionaries
9- shopping
10- split pea soup
1 comment:
ooh oooh oooh! Have you read, "The Outlaws of Sherwood" by Robin McKinley? If not, get it and read it now, I don't care what your classload is like. I love it...it's my favorite Robin Hood EVER. Also, I have a copy, so you can totally borrow mine if you want. So good.
Now I just hope you like it, or it will be really awkward when you have to tell me how much you thought it sucked. Hmmm.
Post a Comment