I kept procrastinating this post and fell off of the musing-a-day wagon because I have been having a hard time thinking of a non-fiction book. And I have been really busy. Good busy. Happy busy. Well, let's keep going.
We will start with one I have not read yet.
The Things They Carried
Tim O'Brien
It is currently at the top of my list. I have heard wonderful things.
Now for some I have read and loved.
The Last Lecture
Randy Pausch
Written by a dying man, who is more importantly a professor and most importantly a husband and father. Contains honest and careful lessons taken from a life of learning. Brilliant.
Mere Christianity
C.S. Lewis
There are few things I want more than to someday shake the hand of C.S. Lewis. Very few things.
Man's Search For Meaning
Victor Frankl
Incredible book. Just absolutely incredible. I can't summarize it adequately so I will just say that you should read it.
I also like most of the stuff David Sedaris writes. He's often on my favorite radio podcast, This American Life as well. He is one funny funny man.
There you go! Forward ho, musing-a-day. Let's keep going.
We will start with one I have not read yet.
Tim O'Brien
It is currently at the top of my list. I have heard wonderful things.
Now for some I have read and loved.
The Last LectureRandy Pausch
Written by a dying man, who is more importantly a professor and most importantly a husband and father. Contains honest and careful lessons taken from a life of learning. Brilliant.
Mere ChristianityC.S. Lewis
There are few things I want more than to someday shake the hand of C.S. Lewis. Very few things.
Man's Search For MeaningVictor Frankl
Incredible book. Just absolutely incredible. I can't summarize it adequately so I will just say that you should read it.
I also like most of the stuff David Sedaris writes. He's often on my favorite radio podcast, This American Life as well. He is one funny funny man.
There you go! Forward ho, musing-a-day. Let's keep going.
1 comment:
All great books!
Post a Comment