This post is a little sad because today I found out that my mission is getting split. There were three missions in Italy: the Milan mission in the north, the Catania mission in the south, and the Rome mission (mine) in the middle. The Brethren have decided to split the Rome mission into the Milan and Catania missions and then rename the Catania mission the Rome mission since the mission headquarters will still likely be in Rome. It is sad to think that the places I served won't even be part of the same mission anymore. Tuscany will go to Milan and Rome will go with the southern cities. It is sad to think that the missionaries will be divided between the two places. It is especially sad to think that because the number of missionaries will go down, there will be some cities that will have to close to missionaries.
But, we trust. Because that is what we have to do: Trust the Lord. As always. And even when it is pouring rain and there is so much water that it starts pooling and spilling over the edge, eventually the dark clouds will part and the sun will appear and make it all into a beautiful scene of colors and light. One day Italy will be filled to the brim with strong Italian saints.
And you know what? My problems and disappointments, with time, will turn in to pretty happy colors that play in the rain. I will be fine. I'll always be fine.
Was that cheesy? Oh well...
3 comments:
No, that wasn't cheesy. That was lovely.
Lovely, I agree. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and I needed your bright perspective on life.
Your picture just gave me the irrational urge to dance to African music.
Post a Comment