I decided to go with a few favorites.
La Pieta' by Michelangelo. I saw this multiple times when going to the Vatican and it really is breathtaking to think that he was able to make stone look so soft and beautiful. It is a gorgeous statue. I never got a good picture of it because it is behind some glass. Some wacko attacked it with a hammer years back so the Vatican's people had to make some changes.
American Gothic by Grant Wood. My family calls this painting "Cornflakes" because... well actually I have no idea why. But we used to play the game Masterpiece almost every Sunday with my siblings and we'd all pay nearly any amount for this painting. I have no idea why we liked it so much but it will always have a special place in my artsy heart.
Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright. This is a house that is build into a waterfall. I think it is amazing and want to live there. Maybe someday Frank Lloyd Wright will design a house for me on a waterfall... in the mountains... with a circular two-story library... and it won't cost me 2.7 million dollars. Maybe.Finally, here are a few photos by one of my favorite photographers, Rodney Smith. The man has an incredible eye and I think he's brilliant.




No comments:
Post a Comment