Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 23 - a YouTube video

I have posted a lot of awesome YouTube videos on here. This one maybe isn't as awesome... or isn't as awesome for the same reasons as the others were awesome. This is more AWEsome. Like I am in awe that there are actually people in this that over 3 feet tall. I just want to take this singing guitary man and give him a hug and a pat on the head and a cookie... and a girlfriend... and a haircut... and a life. Poor soul. You know your career has reached an all-time low when you cover lead vocals and guitar on "The Potty Dance" and your back-up dancers aren't even three. And when the background of your music video consists of cartoon fake cardboard trees... and when you start skipping down a fake cardboard path and do the whole waving arm thing that says "C'mon kids!"... and when you're lyrics are "I'm a big kid now, I do big kid stuff, I talk on my phone, (awkward pause that makes it sound like I couldn't think of something to rhyme with "stuff") I drive my car (another awkward pause), watch me play guitar." And your eyebrows are out of control. And in the middle of the song you throw us off by switching guitars and then go super country for about 15 seconds. And then you ask us all to "play the drums"... and by that you mean fist pump awkwardly. And towards the end of the "song" you start getting all "hard rock" on us... and you bring your whole band into this miserable two minute experience. Sweetheart, did you write this song all on your own?



Can we just cry for all the adults in that video for a minute please?

Oh, you guys are all so funny. You all thought "there is no way that there is ANOTHER Potty Dance YouTube video!" Oh, nope. You're all wrong. Only this one is very ethnically rich. And it's a little gangsta' because it's kind of like a rap and the guy is wearing big glasses and bling and... and an apron? But he says "yeah" a lot which is way fun. He begins the dance and a grandpa Richard Simmons joins him. They do the potty dance in India and Australia and all over the word. And the firemen and Asians do it too. Oh and the French do too. And the kangaroos. Then go double time and when he counts to four, he holds up three fingers for both three and four... and can we just talk really quick about how funny the "let it drop" move is?



And yes. This video has more adults than the last one. I wish I could be sitting by them when they got the phone call saying that they made the final cut for the Potty Dance video. What a big moment. Toes, waist, celebrate!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Here kids, lets listen to this gangster who sells cotton candy and teaches people to gyrate strangely in public! And look--an eager old man in tiny jogging shorts wants to learn too!

That whole thing just felt wildly inappropriate.

That is why I am crying with laughter at it.

Joe and Katie said...

Where do you find this stuff?