- I am passionate about my job at the MTC and all it entails.
- I am passionate about the need for a reform in education.
- I am passionate about most literature.
- I am passionate about the idea of learning how and why to think instead of learning what to think.
- I am passionate about Harry Potter. Yes. Truth.
- I am passionate about Tennyson's "In Memoriam."
- I am passionate about redirecting my focus from changing the world to changing individual's worlds.
- I am passionate about good humor, especially wit.
- I am passionate about discussing ideas with people I am close to.
- I am passionate about any conversation having anything to do (even remotely) with Italy.
- I am passionate about Africa.
- I am passionate about having good relationships with my parents and siblings.
- I am passionate about Christmas.
- I am passionate about friendships and people.
- I am passionate about the outdoors, particularly mountains.
- I am passionate about chocolate.
- I am passionate about my religious beliefs.
- I am passionate about being an impassioned person.
Illustrative story: Towards the end of my mission, my mission president asked if I could have any companion who it would be. He assured me that what I said didn't mean that I would get said sister as a companion but that he was curious as to what I would say. I first asked if I could hypothetically have a previous companion back (read: Melwildebean) and he smiled and said that didn't count, it had to be a sister I hadn't served with. I told him who I wanted so badly to be companions with (Dear Katie Dahl, I am talking about you) and he started laughing really hard and hitting his desk with his palm. "What?!" I questioned. "I am just picturing you two serving together... I think your investigators would blow up from all of your passionate energy." (True story, Katie Dahl. I read it in my journal just the other night. I love President Rhien so much.)
There you have it.
P.S. I just looked at the date. 4 years ago today I stepped on Italian soil for the first time. WEIRD. That may seem insignificant to you, but for me it was a day that has influenced every single one that's followed.
2 comments:
Interviews with President were my favorite. My favorite snippet of wisdom from President was his marriage advice, "Marriage is a piece of cake". Which, when you marry the right person turns out to be true. :)
Meggan, I like your feet photo. :)
Post a Comment