The day after Christmas, we load up the cars, put chains on the wheels and head up to the Jones family cabin just past Park City. It is my favorite place on earth.
We shut ourselves away up there for a week or so. We spend our time reading, watching movies, playing games, doing puzzles, competing with Just Dance on the Wii, and basically just having some great family time.
Every year, we get quite a bit of snow up there, but nothing like last year. Observe:
 |
| This was taken in 2008- this is the deck covered with snow. |
 |
| Same deck last Christmas. The weight of this snow actually broke the deck. Thank goodness for home-owner insurance. |
 |
| wall of snow |
 |
| can you see my arm? |
 |
| We have cabin pajamas. They have moose on them. They are footie pajamas. You are jealous. |
 |
| This is Papa Jones in his natural habitat. |
 |
| I love to bundle up and sit outside to watch this. |
 |
| I get a ton of reading done. |
There you have it. I love the time we spend up there. Probably some of my favorite family memories are from our time at the cabin.
1 comment:
That looks so amazing. I hope someday my family can have something similar. Plus those moose PJs are pretty amazing.
Post a Comment