Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cathedral of the Madeline

Have you ever heard of this church in downtown Salt Lake?

Cathedral of the Madeline
 I've lived in or near Salt Lake for how long? Why haven't I ever been here before this year? It is a beautiful church and has a Christmas concert every year put on by their Children's Choir. My aunt and uncle had a few extra tickets so I got a few friends to come. If I knew more about it, I would have gotten more people to come along, it was without a doubt one of my favorite things I have ever done during Christmastime. Absolutely a highlight of the whole "Celebrating Christmas" the right way goal I've had this year.

Stunning architecture. 

Interior of the church. 
The church itself is gorgeous but the choir was beyond exquisite. I am going to make sure I go to this every year from here on out. The sound was just etherial. I loved the music, I love the feeling, I loved everything about this. I found some videos of the concert on youtube and for whatever reason couldn't embed them from the source so I downloaded them to my computer then uploaded them on my youtube in order to share them so you can hear how good this was.



These videos don't even do the experience justice.



Afterwards we went to go meet up with a bunch of our other friends to go look at the lights and then get hot chocolate, burgers and shakes at Hires.




All of my pictures of people turned out really blurry for some reason but here is one of Trent. 
 Great evening.

No comments: