I used to go to the Nutcracker for my birthday with my mom when we lived in Chicago. I remember the little white fur coat I used to wear to the show, complete with a little white muff. It is another of my favorite memories from Christmas as a child.
Last year, I went to the Nutcracker in Salt Lake for the first time in several years. I loved it. I don't understand ballet very well and probably don't appreciate it the way that I should, but I will say that during this number I was absolutely mesmerized. The music is absolutely gorgeous. It took me a while to find a pair of dancers on youtube that I actually liked and these ones do very well but it was nothing like the choreography and the dancers I saw last year. I haven't been able to erase that from my mind. Absolutely breathtaking.
No comments:
Post a Comment