Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Movies

... And the posts resume. 

Next up is a celebration of the best Christmas movies. We'll go in order from best to absolute best. 

We probably watched this about 95 times a week when we were kids. I can still sing the opening song word for word. 
Great movie. I like the original much more than any sequels.

Love this story, love the muppets... therefore I love this. 
Ohhh the nostalgia! The Bells and the Camels were my favorite. I would love to own this but I can't find it anywhere! 
I love this sweet story. The Santa in this movie is INCREDIBLE.
I have this edited and it is one of my favorite movies that I own. Parts are super sad, parts absolute triumphant, parts are sweet and parts are downright hilarious. I love it. 
Easily one of my all-time favorite movies, not just Christmas movies. It does not get funnier (or more quotable) than this.
Oh. Makes me cry every year. I watch it Christmas Eve and just bask in Jimmy Stewart's wonderfulness. 
An honorable mention goes to these movies. Even though they aren't explicitly about Christmas, their Christmas scenes are simply delightful. 

Meg Ryan singing the Jingle Bells/ Sleigh Ride medley in the car. "Horses, horses, horses..."
The Callahan's decorated house, the Christmas day proposal...
Frank singing "the hooorn, the hoorn, it sounds so forlorn" at the Christmas Party, Kathleen putting up Christmas lights in the shop, love this movie. 
I know other favorites include Christmas Vacation and White Christmas but I haven't seen either of those so I have a goal to watch them this year. Any other must-sees I'm missing?


Note/ warning: if any of you even think of suggesting I put "Nightmare Before Christmas" or "A Christmas Story" on this list, I will personally come to wherever you are and deliver a swift kick to your shin. Those movie titles are swear words on Lizzie's blog, especially that first one (which I can't bring myself to say again) and I hate them both... which is weird because they are some of my brother Danny's favorite movies of all time. I don't get it either...

2 comments:

tarynm said...

Holiday Inn. That is the first time White Christmas makes its appearance and I love it so much more than White Christmas. Maybe because it is about all the holidays.

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

Ahhh, how have we not watched Claymation Christmas together. This is a travesty.

Also, Christmas makes me want to watch the Harry Potter movies. The Christmas scenes are always magical, and I think you would approve of wizard Christmas decor.